The objectives of the MAP are:
- to unite and represent psychiatrists in Malta;
- to set standards and promote the highest quality of psychiatric care for individuals suffering from mental health problems;
- to promote the continuous professional development and the highest level of professional competence of psychiatrists in Malta;
- to promote collaboration with professional and patient associations on both national and international levels in order to further its objectives;
- to serve as a public voice in issues related to mental health.