The Maltese Association of Psychiatry (MAP) is a non-profit Voluntary Organization in terms of Article 3 of the Voluntary Organizations Act 2007 of the Laws of Malta (Act. No. XXII of 2007) with identification number VO/1391.
Data Collection and Storage
The MAP collects the following data from registered members: title, name, surname, e-mail address, postal address, phone numbers, qualifications and current post.
You directly provide the MAP with most of the data we collect. We collect data when you:
- Register online as a member.
- Input your CPD information as a registered member.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via e-mail.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Your data can be accessed by the website administrator, by members of the Executive Committee (EC) of the MAP and where relevant and specified by members of the MAP’s Subcommittees. Please refer to our Statute for more details on the EC.
The MAP collects your data so that we can:
- Confirm criteria for eligibility to the association if you are a member when you apply for registration.
- Verify your CPD information you upload as a registered member.
- E-mail you to provide you news and events that are relevant to you pertaining to the MAP if you are a member.
- Collect your personal details for use at any Conferences or Seminars when you apply for the latter.
The MAP is a non-profit organization. No data collected is shared to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes. Membership and Conference payments are processed through third party websites such as Paypal and not directly through our website. Clicking on the payment link will redirect you to the third party website through which any transaction occurs and in order to do this you would be leaving the MAP website.
If you are a member, the MAP will keep your login data indefinitely while your account is still active and will only be deleted once you unsubscribe. You have the right to unsubscribe at any time. This does not directly affect your MAP Membership. In order to resign from MAP please refer to our Statute.
Any personal details collected during registration for Conferences and Seminars will be deleted as soon as the event is over.
Your Data Protection Rights
• The Right to Access: you can access your personal data upon request at any time.
• The Right to Rectification: you can ask us to correct any information you deem incorrect and complete any information you deem incomplete.
• The Right to Erasure: you can request that we erase your personal data. Unsubscribing will lead to automatic erasure of your personal data from our end.
• The Right to Restrict or Object to Processing: you have the right to object to the MAP processing your personal data or to restrict the processing of data.
• The Right to Data Portability: You can request us to transfer the data we have collected to another organization or directly to you.
If you would like to make a request please contact us. We have 1 month from the date of request to reply to you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For more information click here.
What cookies do we use?
This website uses functionality cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies but in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy Policies of other websites
Please contact us should you have any further queries.